Friday, June 27, 2025

Arrived in Rotterdam

June has been a crazy month. But I’m happy to say that I arrived safely in Rotterdam and seem to be handling the 9-hour time zone transition pretty well so far. 

The big news is that my book published. Successfully completed before my trip, though not so successfully that I was able to receive author copies before I departed. 

There have been various other celebrations as well. Also a bit of disc golf, some caching, and lots of trip preparations. 

The flights were fine. I was able to meet June at the Amsterdam airport, we (eventually) made our way to our lodging in Rotterdam where we met Sue Wiff (she is the default Sue for this trip). Jana and Clark joined us, then we walked over to an event cache and socialized before having dinner and buying breakfast provisions. 

The goal on the first day after a bit time zone change is always to stay awake until 8pm. It is a few minutes after 9 as I write this so mission accomplished. 

Tomorrow’s plan is to explore a bit of Rotterdam, then we board the “floaty boat” on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Africa Trip Kickoff

  I started writing this form somewhere above Nebraska on Friday afternoon. After a busy few weeks before my trip — helping prepare a 2nd gr...