Friday, July 15, 2011

T minus 4 days

Four days from now we will be somewhere over Canada or an ocean, starting our expedition to Scandinavia.  I'd use the word "adventure" but that word currently has some baggage, so I'm sticking with "expedition."  We're going to explore Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Estonia and Finland.....getting as far south as about N 54 degrees and as far north as about N 67 degrees which is about a degree north of the Arctic Circle.


But of course between now and then there's lots to be done.  My wise sister often says that "pack" is a 4-letter word and who can refute that sort of logic?  Besides the obvious -- shopping, laundry, packing -- we have a certain amount of work to do to make sure we have all of the "necessary" technology ready; somehow each trip seems to involve at least one new toy....must load books to the Nook, confirm that the maps work on the little computer and can download to each GPS, create a bunch of pocket queries and load the early ones onto each GPS, make sure each toy has the requisite cord/charger, etc.  

This will be our first trip blog, so we'll see how disciplined we are at updating it....

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a trip blog - thanks for inviting me. Looking forward to your updates.

    Yes - you have an audience with needs that must be addressed now, thus obligating you to post! More posts! More posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to hearing about your trip! I hope you have arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete

Unexpected Private Tour

  I woke up bright and early this morning at 5, decided that yes I would go on the tour, and meandered down to breakfast. Definitely Europea...