I’m sitting at the Frankfurt airport waiting for my first of two flights home. I suspect I will write a final post or two from my trip after I get home. And yes, after nearly ten weeks I’m ready to sleep in my own bed, have more clothing options, and be in familiar places where I speak the language fluently.
This trip has exceeded my expectations! Or perhaps it better to say that while I’m not sure what I expected, it was even better than I’d imagined. Spectacular scenery, a great experience with friends on the cruise, interesting encounters during my solo travel, a wonderful weekend with a college friend and his family, and an incredible week with “extended family” (other geocaching volunteers). I am so grateful that I’ve had this experience!
Meanwhile, here’s one of my favorite signs from Iceland. It’s fairly obvious what it really says based on the visual, but as a native English speaker, the obvious interpretation of the words is “Stop Golfing in the Bathroom.”

Haha. Looking forward to meeting up with you again in person. Jana
ReplyDelete