Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 2012. Destination: Israel

Jeff has a new role at work, and reports to new managers.  As it turns out, his functional manager is in Haifa, Israel, and has called a team meeting....in Haifa.

I promised (threatened?) many years ago that if Jeff ever had a work meeting in Israel I would tag along.  It would be wrong not to follow up on such a commitment.  And it would be cosmically wrong for Jeff to be the first member of my family to make it to Israel (granted various aunts, uncles and cousins have visited, but not my parents or sister).

Work required Jeff to use their online travel agency to make arrangements.  But only employees are permitted to use it.  So how does a modern family make airline reservations?  Why with two computers, of course.  He was looking at work's online travel agency on his computer, and I was looking at public online travel sites on mine.  Eventually we found flights that were acceptably convenient and reasonably (though of course not identically) priced for both of us we booked.  Then we had the fun of reserving seats, and provide the airline resists the urge to make changes we will be able to talk to each other on all flights.

If all goes well we will get to have dinner with our friends Ben and Rachel in Philadelphia on Friday night, and then arrive in Tel Aviv on Saturday afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Private Tour

  I woke up bright and early this morning at 5, decided that yes I would go on the tour, and meandered down to breakfast. Definitely Europea...